...Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself...

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Missing Uncle Amos...

It's been 2 years since Uncle Amos passed away and I couldn't help but think about him knowing that Chris and Ingrid were getting married this week.



We know that tomorrow's never promised, yet we still live our days as if tomorrow is guaranteed, I know I'm guilty of that.



(Uncle Amos & Chris....thanks InKee)

Whenever we have family gatherings here in Vegas I miss this guy. I miss his heart of Gold and how he always made us kids laugh when he'd clown on his cousins, (our Dad's) that still speak with a bit of broken english but manage to keep the "cool guy" status hahaha. When he was alive his house was the main gathering place. His kitchen the main preparation area for eatings, his table the main place to slap dominoes, and his BBQ grill the main cooking appliance. He loved when my brothers came down from Salt Lake so they could eat and play all day. If I met him before I was probably too young to remember but knowing him for the time I did especially when our Mapu Family started having our Christmas Party's here EVERY December, felt like I've known him forever. He was an awesome man that is greatly missed and I'm so greatful for the plan of salvation that confirms that I will see him again!

Love you Uncle Amos....

4 comments:

  1. this post brings tears to my eyes.Uncle Amos held a special place in all of hearts. I miss and love him sooooo much. Ditto to all the above. Thanks tina...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang this post makes me miss all of you.. It was so good seeing you during fano's fundraiser sis. Hope your happy & keep us posted on what your plans are :) Can't say enough of how much we miss uncle amos too :) love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great post. i remember him from the park, giving me & nive money for the snack bar..lol..softball with my dad. i'm glad that he was able to touch so many lives with his time on Earth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Having amazing Uncles is the best :)

    ReplyDelete